Shipments and returns
Your pack shipment
Packages are generally dispatched within 2 to 3 weeks after receipt of payment and are shipped via USPS Priority with tracking and drop-off without signature. If you prefer delivery by USPS Extra with required signature, an additional cost will be applied, so please contact us before choosing this method. Whichever shipment choice you make, we will provide you with a link to track your package online.
Shipping fees include handling and packing fees as well as postage costs. Handling fees are fixed, whereas transport fees vary according to total weight of the shipment. We advise you to group your items in one order. We cannot group two distinct orders placed separately, and shipping fees will apply to each of them. Your package will be dispatched at your own risk, but special care is taken to protect fragile objects.
Boxes are amply sized and your items are well-protected.
Returns and Exchanges can be tricky - and we always strive to give you the best products and avoid the hassle of returns or exchanges.
CONDITIONS FOR RETURNING A PRODUCT
If a customer wishes to return it, they will have to bear the cost of shipping the product back to The Desi Couture along with 3% service fee.
In case there is a defect in the product, our team will do a quality check to ensure the same. If a defect is found, the cost of the product along with the shipping charges will be refunded.
Here are the list of issues not considered defects:
* The small knots or bumps in threads you often see occur when broken threads are pieced together. This is not considered a defect.
* The uneven threads connecting the border to the body are not considered defects.
* Slubs - residual threads bundled together in tiny knots.
* Minute gaps in and around motifs.
* Dye 'bleeding' onto the pallu from the body - this is common in powerloom sarees.
* Loose threads in Bandhani sarees used for the tying and dyeing.
* Color mismatch - colors are subjective, we understand. We try to best capture the most truest colors of the saree. Despite that, due to individual device settings, the colors may appear different on different devices. Hence, it is advisable you check with our team if you are doubtful regarding the color of a product.
These are considered defects:
* Tear in the saree
* Missing blouse piece (if mentioned that the saree has a blouse piece)
In case of any query, you can reach out to us on our email or through our Facebook and Instagram page.
THE RETURN/EXCHANGE PROCESS
You can return the item for a store credit or exchange for same or higher priced product.
If you'd like to return a product, send us an email at email@example.com with your concern within 3 days of receipt of the product.
Once we confirm that you would like to go ahead with the return, ship the products back to us within 5 days of receipt of the order. If you have any concerns regarding the duration or nature of return, feel free to email us.
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective:
- Custom or personalized orders that have been stitched/woven for specified sizes.
- Sarees for which blouse has been stitched as per the customer's measurements.
- Discounted Items/Items bought during Sale.
These include products shopped during a site-wide sale, and/or other discounts.
For any queries or concerns, please reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Returned product must be unused, undamaged and untagged condition, also it should be received to us in undamaged condition.